Troy has the biggest sweet tooth (so do I) and when he gets a crazy craving, it's sooo hard for me to not give in. I've gotten smarter lately and decided to make some healthy alternatives so we both win. These cookies are killer. =] And of course they're perfect, as long as you eat them in moderation.
makes approx. 12-15 cookies
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup of honey or maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of almond extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
- Measure peanut butter and add to a large bowl. Mix with a fork until soft.
- Add egg, honey or maple syrup, baking powder, almond extract and sea salt & mix well.
- Continue to mix until all ingredients are completely mixed.
- Fold in chocolate chunks.
- I use a mini ice cream scoop to measure a small amount of cookie dough and then drop it onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. They'll look soft when you first take them out of the oven but once they cool, they will harden slightly.